Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Double Surprise Birthday Party

My daughter #2 called last weekend to invite me to a double surprise birthday party (for yesterday) for her two oldest boys, #1 will be 10 on the 20th and #2 will be 5 on the 30th. I asked her "why so early?". Turns out her husbands parents where coming and going to stay for 4 days, so they will have ALL their granparents there for the first time. "I'm so there, just tell me what time"


I'm going to veer off the subject a little:

Hubby has 3 children: Daughter #1, Son, Daughter #2

We have always have good relations with daughter #1 and got to be in her life, not as much as we would have liked but still we were happy for what we got.

We had no contact with son or daughter #2. This was very painful for hubby and in turn painful for me to watch him go through year after year, wondering.

Hubby was blessed to have both of them come back into his life, along with daughter #1 his family has finally been put back together . I still catch that gleam in his eye every so often, when we are talking about them or the grand kids.

I (not having any kids of my own) am having a blast! I feel so blessed that all the kids have welcomed me in and have included me in their lives.

Back to the subject:

So...when I get phone calls from daughter #2 (who lives the closest to us), I probaly look like some freak cause I am about as excited as I can possiably be. I have fallen for all of the kids and (well yes) expesially the grandkids.

After our "shopping for toys" awhile back, I knew just what I was getting for them. I still had to get something for #3 (who is 3yrs old), I didn't think it was right for him to have to sit there and watch his brothers get stuff, I'm sure there would have been a fight. Although eventually he will have to sit and watch and not throw a fit, but I think he is still to young to understand.

Yesterday, I get there and meet the out of town grandparents and we all start setting up while the men and boys have all gone to get lunch.

I was surprised I was the only grandparent with a camera!







The men are back, the door opens...Grandson #1 stands there frozen...with mouth open and eyes buldging. I cracked up laughing! I couldn't help myself, that face was priceless! Grandson #2 wizzed by me so fast, I didn't even get a chance to see his face! I'm not sure he even knew I was there, till I grabbed him for a kiss.





The party was great and the presants were all hits. Everybody had a great time! I went home happy and exhausted!

5 comments:

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

I think it's wonderful that you thought to get a gift for grandson #3...IMHO, he is too young to understand and I'm sure he was very grateful (as much as one so young can be)

And the only grandparent w/a camera??What's THAT all about?
Sounds like you had a blast.
Thanks for sharing it with us!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

IMHO...what is that?

Yeah he loved it.

Forgetfullness, maybe.

Janet said... [Reply to comment]

Those pics are awesome! It looks like the kids had a blast!

IMHO is either In My Humble Opinion or In My Honest Opinion.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Aw! Suprise parties are so much fun! I can't believe you were the only one with a camera!

I'm glad that your family has been put back together. It's obvious through your posts that you are a very sweet caring individual and I'm sure your hubby must have at least some of those qualities too!

Glad you had a good time!
♥Spot

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Spot, thank you so much, how sweet of you to say.