Monday, October 12, 2009

Bar Harbor



After reading http://www.islandroar.com/ latest blog. I was drawn back to my childhood.
Shortly after my father remarried, we went on a (I guess it could qualify for a vacation) trip to Bar Harbor, Maine. I think we was there to visit a branch of the family, but I don't remember. I do remember playing in the sand and trying to build a sand castle.



I also remember a spot that we went to that had an observation deck that went out in between two very large rugged rocks forming a V. While standing on the deck you could look down and watch the water rush in, hitting the rocks with such a force that the spray of it would come up and get you wet. I was fascinated! I probably would have been content to have just have gone there for that only, it is one of my favorite memories.



I was fascinated! I do believe this is when I got interested in rocks.

8 comments:

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds just lovely! The ocean is so mesmerizing...isn't it? We vacationed at The Cape every summer growing up and I loved sitting on the jettys and watching the water.
Good memories....

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Kathryn, I love to just sit and let the memories take me back.
Thanks for stopping by.

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Altho it's so close by, I've actually never been to Maine. Everyone talks of how beautiful it is. I love your memory.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Maureen, I've been in Texas so long sometimes I forget just how beautiful Maine is.

Sprite's Keeper said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, good! Your comments section is working! (Last couple of times I came by, I couldn't write anything!)
I hear beautiful things about Maine. It's definitely on my top ten list to visit. They keep saying the ocean is just different up there, but living in Florida, I only know it to look the way it does down here. Weird, huh?

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Sprite's Keeper, so glad I finally got the comments fixed, sorry it took so long.
Florida's beaches are just as beautiful (St. Petersburg) but in a different way. Sand vs. rocks.

Janet said... [Reply to comment]

I keep hearing all this stuff about Bar Harbor and I soooo want to go!

mch3n said... [Reply to comment]

Oh that takes me back to when we went back to Maine when I was 10 &15. In the summer we would go to Bar Harbor to go caming I loved it and I miss it sooo much. It was soo beautiful and still is.

Love ya sis!