Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ouch, my tooth!



Well it is official, I miss the health insurance or should I say the dental insurance!

About a year ago hubby's work started doing all kinds of changes, which left us with considerably lower pay checks. In order to compensate for the lower income, we had to drop our health coverage. This action put back into the budget $400, which still left us $200 worth of bills to cut. The coverage was expensive and still didn't yield 100%. The dental plan that was included was awful, most everything was only covered at 50%. A crown cost me out of pocket two hundred and fifty. Which at the time I considered ridiculous and still do!

Recently I have had a tooth giving me minor irritation, this morning it hurt so bad it woke me from my dreams.



I don't know about everybody else but I don't have hundreds of dollars just sitting around. My mattress is not full of money and nobody has generously given me a money tree.



What happened to the good old days when going to the dentist was only 30 or 40 dollars? How did I miss the jump to 80 to 100 dollars? I miss the good old days and so does my pocket.

0 comments: