Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sleeping habits of hubby

I have been considering this post for some time, so here it is.

Since moving to this new house and having to fix it from floor to ceiling, the bedrooms have been the last on the list. I have my bed camped out in the living room and hubby is still sleeping on the couch. I am convinced even if we were to get his room done, he would still sleep on the couch. Yes we will have separate bedrooms.

Every night, my hubby goes to bed around 8 or 9 pm. Sometimes earlier, but never later. I, on the other hand go to bed around 1 or 2 in the morning. The T.V. is always on while hubby is home, even when he is sleeping. He claims he can't sleep without it. I have tested this theory and he is correct. Within five minutes of turning the T.V. off, he is awake. So I continue to live with the noise of it.
I have even found myself getting used to it, if the volume is down low enough.

While sitting here at the computer, (which is located in the kitchen) I find myself listening to whatever is on the T.V..

Every night my hubby makes his trek to the bathroom around 11 pm or so. On his way back to his couch, he turns the channel. No regard as to whether I am watching it or listening to it. I get very frustrated at him for this. I have even tried to hide the remote from him, this only makes him fully wake in a panic mode that the remote is lost!

I asked him this morning "Why he continues to do it?"

His response: I don't like whatever that show was doing to my dreams!

LOL, every night, every channel, every show, messes with his dreams!

Well if that is the case wouldn't it be better to just turn it off!

Nope, then he can't get to sleep! LOL

4 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Aw, you guys are so cute. I think lots of couples must have separate rooms. Especially if you marry later on. I can't imagine, at this point, going back to sharing a room with a man, tho I'd like one in my life. Now I'll think of you and just plan on 2 bedrooms (when I finally find the guy...).

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

We haven't shared a room in 7yrs. No snoring, kicking, stealing the blankets and my dogs would probaly attack him if he tried.

I hope you do find THE guy for you, but 2 rooms is the way to go. I think.

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, hilarious! What is it with guys and background noise? My friends all talk about this and my ex was like that too...had to have the NOISE. It must be a gender thing....

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Kathryn...Thanks
Can't be a gender thing, my best friend is the same way. Her T.V. is one 24/7!