Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My sister's painting



My sister did this painting about 10 years ago. I have a few of her paintings, but this one is my favorite. When I look at it my brain instantly wonders "Why do I like it so much?", then I start thinking "What is it, what was she thinking or feeling when she painted it?"

For some unknown reason, at the time she didn't even like it. The phrase "Artists can be their own worst critics" is so true when it comes to how she feels about her paintings. I have yet to hear her say she likes this one or that one.

I decided to post this one (with her permission, of course) out of curiosity of: How does this painting look to everyone else? What does it make you feel? What does it make you think of? Am I the only one who finds this painting to be amazing just because my sister painted it?

1 comments:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I still cant get this thing to work right! Grrr.