Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sympathy in Gestures

My tooth started up again last night. My hubby has been so sympathetic and generous today, it has amazed me.

I remember he woke early and started his coughing and hacking. I put the pillow over my ears cause he can be very ear piercing at times. I fell back to sleep and he woke me at 10 am saying he couldn't sleep any longer. He went back to sleep so he wouldn't keep coughing or want a cig and make his coughing worse. How sweet!

He was scrolling through the tv listings and I saw the movie "Sarah:Plain and Tall" was on the Hallmark channel, I must of made some kind of noise cause he stopped and pulled up the info. It had been on for an hour already, which usually means a "no". If we can't watch it from the beginning, than forget about it. I asked if all 3 parts: Sarah: Plain and Tall, Skylark, and Winter's End were going to be on and Yes they were. To my surprise he put the tv on a movie I wanted to watch and left it there (for 5 hours) for the duration of all 3 parts.

When he is home on his day off, he prefers to lounge around and not do much of anything and really doesn't even like to get dressed if it can be helped. His perfect day is: lay around in his robe and watch a race and of course have complete control of the remote. Which he strives for this perfect day every weekend.

Today he went outside! He put together the new lawnmower and played around in his shed (doing what? I don't know!).

He then came in and did the dishes and even let me watch another movie "Riding on the bus with my sister" but this one he watched with me and actually liked it!

He has been just so amazing all day! I feel so blessed!

4 comments:

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

Well good for you (him)! Enjoy it while you can....the regular version will be back before you know it.
Poof!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Kathryn, you are so right! He's here already! LOL

At least I have written proof the amazing version exists!

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! That's my idea of a perfect day too. Except without the race. And sometimes I wear sweats instead of my bathrobe.

You are a lucky girl! I cannot even begin to imagine my husband sitting through all three of those movies, unless he was asleep, which is highly likely in his case!

I'm with Kathryn! Make the most of this precious and rare moment!

♥Spot

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Spot, Yes yesterday was my lucky day. He just must of been in a really good mood.
Oh wait I remember! He got in a part for his antique gun and now it works perfectly. That's where the good mood came from!
Crap, here I was thinking it was LOVE.