Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My legs are cold!

I spent most yesterday in my house coat or as some would call "Robe", due to the fact that we got our first real taste of Fall yesterday morning.

I bought this big, fluffy, cream colored, mid-calf, front zippered house coat a few (more like 4) years back. Since then the zipper has busted, not the teeth but the thing you hold in your fingers. I have become accustomed to just wrapping it about me and holding it closed.

Silly I know, why not just get a new one or replace the zipper thingy. I keep telling myself that I am going to get a new one before winter kicks in, by time winter gets here I am strapped for funds. For some reason the stores here don't start selling house coats till around October and $30 (at least I think they are still that much) shouldn't be such a big deal, but for the last few years it has been.

Soo..I end up going the whole winter with this broken zipper. I could fix it if I gave it a shot, but I just keep putting it off secretly hoping someone will get me one for Christmas. Hey family are ya reading this!!

I want a house coat that goes all the way down to my feet! I am a huge fan of old movies and in a lot of them you will see women walking around in these house coats that go all the way down to their feet. I can't seem to find any.

Why can't they make those anymore? Or do they? If they do, I bet it's not $30!

Do they think our legs don't need covering? My legs are cold, just as much as the rest of me!

6 comments:

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

You need one of those snuggies..."as seen on tv". That's a good question...why DON'T they make the robes that go all the way to the floor?? I wind up living in sweats on top of sweats, on top of a heated throw.
I'm dreading it already!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Me too! I've looked and looked all over the internet and all I can find are the sexy ones. Who wants to be sexy when there cold? I am sooo past the sexy part of my marriage! LOL

Sprite's Keeper said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe you should be glad you don't live in Florida. They call them muumuu's down here. There's no such thing as a house coat in my state.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Well, first let me say I love my robe!! It's a beautiful (well, it was 6 years ago when I bought it) black velour. It doesn't zip, it belts. And I will probably wear it til it falls apart. So I feel you girl!

Second, I think they don't make long housecoats anymore because I think most women wear pajama bottoms instead of nightgowns so there's probably not as much call for them. From what I've heard, women only wear those long filmy nightgowns (requiring the sexy robe) when trying to impress a man. The rest of us throw on sweats or pj bottoms. Lol.

And third, I adore Gaslight!!! What a great film! I've seen it probably 20 times. They talked about doing a remake several years ago with Julia Roberts in Ingrid's part. And maybe Kevin Spacey as the husband. My sister likes the film because she loves Angela Lansbury who plays the maid in one of her very first roles! Thanks for putting up the alert!

♥Spot

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Just saw you already put up the Angela Lansbury thing. Sorry...blame it on my pre-coffee bleary eyed state. =]

♥Spot

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Sprite's Keeper...I think I got the term House coat from my grammie in Maine. Muumuu..thanks, that is the word I was trying to think of last night while talking about this with hubby.

Spot...Once I like something, I will wear it till it dies or falls off of me in pieces.

Well, for some reason most of my PJ's are capri length. I'm still a nightgown (not sexy) kinda girl.

Gaslight, one of my fav's but I really like Ingrid's part. Especially, there at the end up in the attic.