Friday, October 30, 2009

Fire Trucks

My hubby has a collection of model replicas of eight antique Fire trucks, still in the boxes they came in. He got them for free with the subscription of Reader's Digest Select books.



Now that I have the living room done (almost to my liking), he has decided it is a good time to bring them out of there boxes and put them on display.

Generally I wouldn't have a problem with it, since they are interesting and easy on the eyes.

BUT...

I had to gently reminded him of the mini motorcycle models he had and how difficult it was to dust the little tiny parts. I fear the fire trucks will be just as troublesome.

I also had to remind him of the fate the motorcycles came to.

(I would do my best to dust, but many a handle bar got broke off, till they ended up getting thrown away.)

He mulled this over for sometime and then says "Well then, just don't dust the fire trucks, go around them!

I suggested that we wait until he can get a glass display case to protect them, from me and the dust.

He whines...but I want them up NOW, not next year!!

BIG CRY BABY!!

"Boys will be boys" lasts a very long time!

3 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

You ain't kidding! They never get past 8 emotionally. But at least they're cute...

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah...what IS that? I mean, WE had to grow up...handle Mother Nature in all her glory...why do the guys get to stay little and cute and play with their toys?

Tell him he has to dust his OWN toys!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Maureen...well, I don't know about cute anymore, but still very funny.

Kathryn...that is just one of his toys, he still has plenty more. I really can't complain too much, I still got my stuffed animals but they don't require dusting.
Yes he will be doing his own dusting, this has been agreed upon.