Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lost Coin

Hubby has a quarter that is tails on both sides. It is one of his favorite things to carry around and play tricks on his fellow drivers.

When he got home last night he sadly reported to me that he had lost it.

He realised it was missing this morning and thought maybe it got put in the coin jar. He dumped out all the coins in search for it, It wasn't there. When he got to work, he checked all through his truck hoping that it had fallen out of his pocket.

He remembered at a job site, he had to get his pocket knife out of his pocket and maybe that was where it was. He went back to that job site (without permission) and searched the ground for it. Nope, not there.

He is heartbroken and deeply saddened over the lose of this quarter.
I was silently amused by this strong reaction.
I try to tell him it is nothing to get so upset over, he can easily buy a new one. He tells me it is not the same, it is like if he was to lose his father's favorite Zippo lighter!
Okay, I get it. You poor baby, do you want a hug?

While getting his supper, I thought maybe I should check the quarter stash I have. I had two tube containers full of quarters, I spent the full one today on stamps. I get the last one that has about four dollars in it, go through them and was shaking my head with each one I look at.

Hubbies eyes ligh up, when he notices what I am doing. I slowly disappears with each coin. The very last one was his coin!

I thought for sure he was going to get on to me for getting into his change, but instead I get that really big hug!

7 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thank goodness for wives!

Eric said... [Reply to comment]

Thank goodness, I know what it's like to lose a favorite coin.

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

OH, a Christmas Miracle!

mch3n said... [Reply to comment]

I know that old coin it is neat. Glad you found it. I know how he gets when he loses something.

mch3n said... [Reply to comment]

Aunt Heather what old cion?

HANNAH

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

YAY! Heather saves the day! That should have made his week! A Christmas miracle!!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Suzicate...Well if the wifey hadn't stole it, wifey wouldn't have been able to find it.

Eric...I'm the same way when it comes to losing something.

Maureen...Small or large miracle, I'll take it!

Sister...Like a frantic madman!

Hannahboo... the trick coin your uncle likes to carry in his pocket all the time.

Kathryn...Oh, yeah! He is a very happy camper now!