Friday, December 11, 2009

I am soo DONE!!


Yesterday, I managed to get all of the Christmas Cards done! I only had to use one book of stamps, I have one pile for mailing and three piles of hand delivery cards. After this coming Sunday, I will be down to one pile.

I tell hubby about getting them done and all he has to do is lick them and put them in the mailbox. This stops him in his tracks, he looks at me and says..repeat that.
I got to the licking part and he shakes his head so hard, it looked like it was going to fly off his head. All the while making a face and sticking his tounge out..YUCK,YUCK! I'm NOT licking any envelopes!! I cracked up!



Still laughing..I put the pile on his area, by the door. So he will take them to the mailbox on his way out in the morning.

He states..I told you, I'm not licking those!
Laughing harder now
Hubby..I mean it!

After waving my hands to make him stop, I managed to get some air to say..
They are already licked! I knew you wouldn't. I was just messing with you!


I am also finished with the Christmas shopping!! They are all boxed up and ready to be delivered Sunday!

Done, done, done!

12 comments:

Joshua said... [Reply to comment]

Licking Envelopes: The Reason People Have Children.

Seriously, damp corner of a sponge.

Or leave the stack sitting there with a beer. That might help.

-Joshua

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You're so good. I'm on Christmas card strike this year...am seriously trying to find my falala to get my Christmas shopping done!

Joanie said... [Reply to comment]

I haven't done Christmas cards in years. I'm such a Scrooge.

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

I'm almost done. If you don't count addressing cards, wrapping, baking and....oh, guess I'm not almost done.
Poor Hubby. My daughter refuses to lick envelopes. Something about factories and rat hair and other gross mythology. I ignore her.

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

I don't blame the hubby - I can't stand licking envelopes either. I like to buy the self stick ones. Cheating, but much easier on my tongue. All Christmas gifts are bought - aunt in Alaska got her package yesterday. Now it's baking and cleaning my house before my party tomorrow.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Joshua...No children, no sponge and I would get the same face over the beer.

Suzicate...You better hurry and find that falala, your running out of time!

Joanie...Sometimes I wonder why I do it, I guess to let people still know I am alive!

Maureen...LOL! I would scream if I still had all that left, but I am not hosting Christmas or cooking! EWWW, gross!

Tinkerschnitzel...I'm too cheap to buy self-stick envelopes! No baking here, yeah!

Menopausal New Mom said... [Reply to comment]

You well organized and lucky gal! Done, I just have the wrapping to go, the baking, the house decorating and putting up the tree and decorating that too. Think I'm gonna go hit the liquor cabinet!

A Valdese Blogger said... [Reply to comment]

My wife & I found a old unused Christmas card in a box of stuff we bought - we decided to give it to each other.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Menopausal...Thank you. If I didn't have it at least started by now, I don't think I would start.

Valdese...That is real neat, maybe you could post it.

mch3n said... [Reply to comment]

I have been to besy with geting ready for daughter's B-day party tomorrow. She is going to be 12! she has 13 girls coming plus famliy.
Maybe after that I will be able to do christmas shopping. I do have may christmas tree done and the lights are done too.

mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

I am sooo jealous right now. I haven't even bought Christmas cards if that tells you how behind I am. This might be the year I *gasp* don't send them out and then proceed to get scratched off everyone's card list. I canjust hear them now..."Hahahah..we'll sure show her! She won't get our famous Christmas letter next year!" Oh. No.
=)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Sister...I would say...you better hurry up, but since you don't have my name..LOL

I wish I could be there. Thanks for reminding me! I need to put her present in the truck for sunday. She would be soo mad if I didn't!

Mindy...Oh no, don't let that happen! LOL