Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Friends one day, Shopping the next!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple of days. I hope you didn't miss me too much!

Sunday...
We went to our best friends house, to pick up her finished project.. I had boughten some yarn (last month) and hired her to make a baby blanket for my nephew due in January, A beautiful soft green with scalloped edging.

I'm sure your asking...Why didn't I do it myself? Well, just like everyones handwriting is different, so are everybodies stitches. She does this stitch that I have tried to duplicate and it just doesn't come out like hers.

After being there for three hours, visiting and eating. I started having a headache that just got worse to the point of a migraine. I don't know if yall remember, but last time I visited her the same thing happened. I called her when we finally got home and was trying to figure out what was triggering it, we came up with nothing. No new cleaning products, no new air freshener. I am at a lose as to why!

This time the headache didn't go away after and hour, this one lingered on through till yesterday afternoon.

Monday...
I had so much shopping to do. I want this Christmas shopping done and over with.
Still nursing my headache, I didn't want to do it but I had to. We only have one card for the store I was going to, so I had to go, cause I had to get that card back to the hubby by the next day.

I wasn't in any hurry, so I took my sweet time. Two hours later I am moving on to my next (and last) store and still didn't manage to find some of the things I was looking for.

I wasn't going to stop at the thrift store, but seriously it is an addiction!
I had to really reign myself in. I had to keep reminding myself that I was not here for me, I was here to find things for the baby and tools for my dad. I never found the tools he was wanting, probably cause I got lost in the linen area. Found a bunch of things for the baby, crib sheets and such.

Something about the linens area that just calls to me. I love to find sheets that have that special feel, it is not so much the look of the sheet as it is the feel. Once I find that feel, then I check the size and condition. Sometimes I will buy them anyways just for material for projects.
I can get all giddy over a find like that! High dollar sheets for four dollars!

I talked to my daughter after the first stop and had to drop by her house, told her I would be by after this next stop. (thrift store was not included in the plan) I still wasn't finished with the last store when hubby called to let me know he was on his way home (as he does everyday).
H...Where are you?
M...I'm still trying to get done with the last store, I'll try to hurry.
H...Don't rush and be VERY CAREFUL!
(He said that cause it had been drizzly all day)
I forgot to tell him about still having to stop by daughters house! Crap!
Now I am rushing around, grabbing who knows what, trying to hurry up! GRR..
Headache starting to come back, just from the stress of running late.

I get to daughter's house and the kids are all "Nana, watch this!" and "How long you going to stay?" Broke my heart to have to get hugs and kisses and run. I won't get to see them again for another 3 weeks!

If only I hadn't stopped at the thrift store for my fix! Bargin prices robbed me of time with the grandkids!!

Fight traffic and finally get home (my saftey zone). Hubby is already home! Crap!!
I rush in the house with just a portion of my loot. I tell hubby there is more (this usally leads to help), nope he proclaims that his day is done!

Fine, find your own supper, cause so is mine!!

10 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, Hubby needs a little straightening out there. Doesn't he know the rule is EVERYONE has to get up and help when the fully loaded vehicle returns home.
Sorry about your headaches. Stress?
I get migraines; they're no fun.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

I never unload my own car unless no one else is home. This is one job I don't have to do. I grab a few things, head inside and put my slippers on. The guys unload.

Sorry about the migraines...I used to get horrible ones so I understand! Wonder what on earth the trigger is??

Glad you're back,
♥Spot

Menopausal New Mom said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry about that headache. I don't know how you shop with one, I can hardly stand the stores when I'm feeling well. yes, those old thrift stores. You and I would be bad news together, I love them and yes, I have bought many a sheet at them too. I love the vintage patterns and of course, a great place to get my vintage jewelry fix too!

Smart Mouth Broad said... [Reply to comment]

I love linens too. I can spend hours in a linen store.

Sprite's Keeper said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, migraines will end my day right then and there no matter where I am, in the middle of shopping or otherwise. Hope it's gone, Heather!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Maureen...well, I don't demand help, I just usally get it. He's been in a off mood since stuff changing at work. A post waiting to happen!

Spot...At least you have more than one to rely on. When mine doesn't help there is no one else.

Menopausal...Oh, I saw some patterns I bet you would've loved! I think we would have a blast!

SMB...I DID spend hours in there!! LOL!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Sprite's Keeper...Yup it's gone! The worst of it was Sunday, I had to put my scarf around my eyes instead of my neck! The light was torture.

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

Aw. "CRAP!" is right. Migraines just suck the life out of you, right?? I hope you're feeling better.

And don't be so hard on yourself re: thrift store...you're entitled to some "ME" time...especially during the holidays!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

Aw, man! You did have quite a time, didn't you? Well, hopefully it's all sunny skies from here! And next time, tell your hubby to get his little patooty outside and help you bring the stuff in...then his day is done! =)
Mindy

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Kathryn...Yes, much better. Thank you.
Ha! My budget can't handle me shopping for me!

Mindy...That's a nice thought, but hubby would never fall for me trying to be bossy with him. He would hurt himself laughing to hard!