Monday, May 3, 2010

Hubby and I had a Fabulous day Together!

Well I knew we were going to go visit with Jim an old coworker of hubbies, which he had recently run into at a job site. It had been about 8-10 yrs since they last hung out together. I was lagging behind, just sitting around in my pj’s, drinking coffee, having a real hard time getting going. Jennifer calls and wanted to know if we can come over, this got me going. Yup, can’t pass up a chance to spend time with the grandkids.

We are on our adventure!

Hubby tells me of a dagger he had been spying on the side of the road. He does this A LOT! He has exceptional eyesight to be able to see things way off in the distance, put something right under his nose and he has to have glasses on. We get off the interstate onto the median; hubby reaches down and swoops it up. HA! It wasn’t a dagger after all! It was a very large bread knife! I was laughing my butt off; he did not find that to be very amusing. Later he did find the humor in it. He had been seeing it there for over a week and he truly thought it to be a dagger. He says “I guess I was seeing what I wanted to see!” LOL!

So we are back on the road again heading to Jim’s house, suddenly he yells out “A creeper!”
Me…What? What the heck is a creeper?
Hubby…You know the thing you lie down on to work under the truck.
Me…Go back! Go get it! We could really use one of those.
Hubby started to calculate how to turn around and decided to fluff it off, cause it would really only be good if we had an actual driveway.
This got the convo turning to what it would take to make a driveway. But I know you don’t want hear about that.

We finally get to Jim’s neighborhood and I noticed a look on hubby’s face. You know that look of uncertainty.
I asked “Do you know where he lives?”
Hubby…Sorta, it’s been a really long time and I was totally wasted last time I looked for it. He surprisingly (to me and himself) found it, unfortunately Jim was not home.
I asked “Didn’t you say yall had this planned”
Hubby…I said that, but really I just told him I would be by this weekend.
I really should have known, hubby doesn’t always plan things out.
Hubby…Isn’t it funny how I searched and searched years ago all messed up and now clean and sober I found it with no difficulty. He loves when he sees the irony in things.

On our way back and over to his mothers, he passes up the exit. I’m like…Where are you going? Hubby…I have decided to get that creeper after all, it can come in handy at work.
I can use it to get up under my truck or checking on the air brakes on my trailer.

So we swing back around and he slows over to the cement wall and stops. He had passed it up. I was looking out the front window at the curve in front of us and then out the side mirror at the curve behind us. The traffic was very heavy and going 60-70 mph! I must say I was getting a little panicky. There was no room for either of us to open the door enough to get out, but more importantly there was no room to get up to speed safely.
Hubby slightly opens his door, reaches down and swings the creeper into the back of the truck. Then he says “Brace yourself!”
He steps on it and I had my eyes closed, stiff as a board! I think my knees locked up and the stiffness in my legs took awhile to go away! I am writing this, so YES we made it!
Even though I still feel like hitting him for scaring me so bad!

Well we get to moms and again nobody is home. We went in (mom has an open door policy at her house), hubby went to get the funnies his mother saves him out of every newspaper. Me, I went to the bathroom. Suddenly I hear a glass breaking! I come out of the bathroom and find him picking up a picture of his great niece. Yup, he broke it.

We were just about to leave and his sister showed up, next thing I know I am standing there wondering where they went to. I looked all over, but really I was just strolling along looking at all the pretty flowers. His mom and sister are amazing gardeners; they even have their own greenhouse. Finally I found them and then me and his sister started talking flowers and she gave me one. We were again going to leave and then his mother showed up. They chatted briefly and then finally we was on our way again.

Before leaving the driveway, hubby asks where I would like to eat. I was surprised by this, we rarely eat out. Every time we go anywhere, we end up coming home starving.
We went to Schlotsky’s Deli! OMGoodness, they have the best sourdough sandwiches!
It was soo nice! We even sat down and eat it there, instead of getting it to go.

The whole time we were out and about, I kept trying to get hubby to go to this store or that store. He was having none of it. I jokingly said “Oh look a mall, soo many stores!”
“And look there is a parking spot!”
Hubby…Yeah, nine miles from the door!
Me…Snort, LOL!
Hubby…Did ya happen to see a lung transplant station between there and the door!
Me…Dying in my seat, roaring with laughter! Snorting so hard my throat was starting to hurt!

Now we are finally headed to Jennifer’s. We had a lovely time with her and the grandkids. Unfortunately they were the last on our drive and we were both getting pretty tired. I did get to play some Hide and Seek with 3yr old Bryan. As of right now he has one spot for hiding! LOL!

Heading back home, chatting away….

OMGoodness, did you see that?!
Laughing uncontrollably, he acknowledged he had.
Turn around! Turn around! I got to get a picture of that!
Amazingly enough, he did turn around!

Here ya go, something to make you feel better after reading my super long post of a great day!



OH! Look at my fabulous new signature! Jimmy over at Just My Opinion did it for me! Isn't is wonderful! That was soo sweet and oh my, I love it!

Sigature,Heather

10 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Great signature! And cool truck.
You guys sound like you had quite the fun day. I love the "dagger at the side of the road" story!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Seems a great day was had by all... and I want to drive that car!!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

Glad you had a good time. that should be what life is all about. Laughing and enjopying yourself.

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

You two have way too much fun!

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

I never find anything cool on the side of the road. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

It's nice that y'all can be so flexible and easy...no one home? Okay, next stop.

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a wonderful day Heather, you have to enjoy life and from the looks of it you are doing that---The signature looks better on your blog than it did on mind Ha Ha

mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

Can I borrow your hubby? I could use his help locating my missing Converse tennis shoe that I'm pretty sure my extremely naughty 3 year-old ditched out the window after grocery shopping. I mean, if he can locate a dagger...he's like a human bloodhound! :)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Maureen...I still crack up over the dagger story!

E.D...I actually think that truck was working, cause it wasn't there four days later.

Lucy...That is my motto too. Enjoy life and laugh a lot.

Tink...Most of the time!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Jen...Me neither, I see broken junk!

Grace...Yeah that is how we roll most of the time.

Jimmy...LOL! I should think soo!! LOL!

Mindy...You would be amazed at the stuff he can find, even as small as a socket. Which he loves to find!