Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Something I Have Been Working On....

Well while I have some internet I will try to get out a post. I know yall have to be sick to death of hearing about the phone issue, so I will try to find something else in my brain to share. It's going to be hard to seperate by brain from the aggervation I have been under, but I will try just for you. LOL!

Well after ten minutes of not being able to seperate my horror for something humorous, I will give you a taste of something I have been working on.


I hope you enjoy!

I was very lucky to have had my dad in my life.
He was my most favorite person in my world.
I didn’t get to see him except for on the weekends.
I lived at the babysitter’s house during the week and even went to school with her kids.
She lived in a little town nearly halfway between the town where my grandparents lived and the city where my dad was.
Unfortunately or fortunately I did spend a lot of weekends at my grandparent’s house.
My dad didn’t have a license or a car, so it was difficult for him to come and get me.
But when he did, oh boy it was the best!
We moved to a new place and that was strange and different but as long as I was with daddy everything was okay.

Then one day I was given a surprise, a surprise I wasn’t really ready for.
I was introduced to a woman, who was apparently my dad’s girlfriend.
I had known him to have a couple of women in his life, but girlfriend was a new word.
She was nice to me and I was starting to like her.
She wore a bright yellow shirt with a rose right in the middle with words under it.
Just right after that, she moved in.
I was mad and shocked and hurt that daddy would bring a woman in to interfere with our lives.
I was even taken away from the babysitter’s house to never go back again.
My world had been turned upside down and they were doing it on purpose!
I still liked her but wanted her to go home and leave me and daddy alone.

There was a wedding in the works.
I didn’t even have a voice in this decision.
I was to be the flower girl and got to watch this woman and my dad sew a miniature white wedding dress.
I was excited about the whole pageantry.
Not realizing it had a whole new meaning to it all.
I was receiving a new mother.
I was happy, scared and uncertain about that.
She did things with me and was most of the time in a good mood, so she was worming her way into my heart.

It wasn’t long till she changed, maybe it was hormones due from pregnancy, but I didn’t like it!
She was ordering me to do things, like clean my room and do the dishes.
I was slowly regretting that she was here and in my life.
I wanted to go back to the babysitter’s house!
I was getting angry all the time.
I tried everything I could think of to make this woman leave or have daddy throw her out for treating me like that.
Daddy didn’t do his part in the plan and neither did she.
I was doomed and alone.
Then we moved again, into a teeny tiny apartment.
I had to sleep on the couch!
I had to change schools again too.
I was only 8 years old and this was my 3rd school.
It was hard to make friends.

The day my sister arrived I was soo happy.
I loved having a sister, for the first week.
I was soon in charge of helping with the baby.
Do you know how gross a baby’s diaper is?
AND I lost her belly button!
We moved again but at least this time it was just up one floor to the roof of the house.
I finally had my own room again.

This new apartment was awesome.
All the rooms were so big and airy and with lots of light.
The living room had two sets of stairs that met together at a large double door window.
I had heard someone say something about it having been a captain’s house.
My room had an upside down V ceiling and had drawers lining the base of the super short walls.
My dad had to hunch over just to come in to my room.
It had a small window with a seat.
It was the best place we ever lived.
It wasn’t fair (to me), but we moved again.

Thankfully we had moved not far from the place we had lived at when my life got messed up.
I was back in the school I actually had friends at.
This made me happy and things were really getting better at home.
I was starting to like her again.
I found her a new friend and things were going great.
She’s pregnant again.
My sister and I spent the delivery time with my grandparents.
Grammie taught her to walk!
When we got back there was a new brother.
This time she was real good about taking care of him while I took care of sister.
I thought things were perfect, but again we were on the move.

This time we moved out of the city.

To Be Continued...Don't ya just hate that!

Sigature,Heather

7 comments:

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

"To Be Continued...Don't ya just hate that!"

Now Heather that wasn't nice Ha Ha

but the story has a great start and I look forward to reading more.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

To be continued...you're so mean! You reeled me in and dropped me1 I like it so far, good job.

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

Yes Heather, I hate to be left hanging. Hope your problems are solved with the phone lines.

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, this is quite nice. I can't wait to hear more. And love your new look.

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

I hated moving all the time when I was young. I've worked hard to make sure my daughter didn't have to do that. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Jimmy...LOL! I couldn't help myself! Thanks.

Suzicate...Sorry, sorta!

Lucy...Yes, thank you. The phone man finally showed his face and fixed it.

Maureen...Thanks! I'll try to get more done soon.

Jen...Oh, I know it! We moved soo much, it was aweful. Hubby and I lived in one spot for 17 yrs, just cause we both hate to move.

Angelia said... [Reply to comment]

Oh man! You! I loved the house description with your cool room. This is a great story. I have enjoyed it so far...(crying for more here!)