Monday, May 10, 2010

My Weekend

Sorry I haven't been around. The phone issue was freaky and uncertain at best. I could log in during the day but not at night. The buzz in my phone got louder and louder to the point of not being able to use it at all. I spent all weekend with no Internet.

But I got a lot done. Just further proof that the Internet has interfered with me getting things done around the house.

Saturday:
Visited with best friend and had a real good time. That evening I reorganized my dresser and closet.

Sunday:
My brother and SIL came to visit. BUT before they got here, of course I cleaned up the house. They stayed and had supper with us. Pretty cool I was able to feed four people for just over a dollar. Mashed potatoes and free bass fillets, hubby got from BF's husband. YUM!!

I gave them stuff for the baby (who is going to be my namesake), stuff for the new apartment and some food.

If you will remember I won the giveaway over at What passes as sane on a crazy day
When I entered the giveaway, I never intended to use it for myself. I knew right off that I would give it to brother and SIL for the new baby.
I know yall are just so curious about what they picked from the site www.csnstores.com

A crib and mattress (mattress sold separately).

Out of pocket expense for me: $41! What a fabulous deal! Thanks Spot!

Well while they were here, my brother starts looking around wanting to see what things have been done to the house since he was last here. Sadly I was embarrassed that I really haven't done anything noticeable except for the office. This was weighing on my mind after they left. Sooo, I broke out the tiles and glue and started doing the hallway and bathroom floor at 1am to 3am. this morning!

Monday:
I worked extra hard in the yard while waiting for the so called phone repairman. I weed eated the patio bricks and sprayed weed killer into each and every seam of each and every brick. When I tried to stand up, I thought my back would never be the same again!! I am sooo feeling the burn in the back of my thighs! I might not be able to move tomorrow! LOL! I then moved on to weed eating the other trouble areas, like the flower bed I put down last year and was over grown with the toughest grass I have ever seen. I decided to tear it all up and move all my rocks. I don't think I will try that area again any time soon.

About that soo called repairman...I wanted till 2:30 and called the company thinking they could easily find out where their man was and how much longer. Nope all I got was a vague UP TILL 8pm. I told her he had better not show up at 8pm, cause my hubby is going to bed at that hour and he will come unglued! It fell on deaf ears. I took both phones to bed with me for a nap. I figured when the guy came knocking on the door the dogs barking would wake me up. No barking ever happened and I didn't miss any calls. I call them back and she says he has been here and didn't find any problems, so he left. He never even tried to let me know he was there or to check to see if the phone was fixed. That pissed me off!

I checked if I could get online and well here I am! I will be here for ever, cause I'm too scared to go off line, I might never get the connection back again! LOL! AND my phone still has a hum in it!




Sigature,Heather

13 comments:

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Wow Heather,

Sounds like you have been busy and just about the time you settle down for a nap the invisible repairman shows up--about right huh.

Nice crib and the cost you can't beat, you did good and I suppose Spot is a keeper.

Eric said... [Reply to comment]

Tiling at 1 am??? You are great, not even I work that late and I love tile.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, busy lady. And great going on the contest - wonderful (and generous) gift for your brother and his wife.

I hate phone companies, and no matter what anyone else may say, I have always found Comcast terrific to deal with and Verizon has not been, so I'm totally happy with having my phones, tv and internet with Comcast.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I am always amazed at the things you can do! You are such a hardworker. I wish I had the inspiration, energy, and talent to do those kinds of things! And so sweet of you to give your prize away. Glad you won.

Lisa said... [Reply to comment]

I had phone problem too and only just a minute ago the internet has been restored. And I felt exactly the same, scared to disconnect that I might not be able to reconnect.

Kendra said... [Reply to comment]

Phone/internet repairmen are worthless. Always a mysterious problem that supposedly doesn't exist. I'm glad you were able to get back on though! And amazing job on the stuff around the house. You should never feel lazy and if you do, come see my blog and you'll see lazy!

Mrsbear said... [Reply to comment]

That is a sweet deal for the crib. It's lovely.

Glad you got your internet fixed? I swear those repairmen are totally useless sometimes. I've called our service in a couple of times, once when our neighbor accidentally severed the line digging. I told them exactly what had happened, they still had to come in three times because they didn't have the proper tools and couldn't find the problem even though we told them exactly what had happened on the other side of the fence. Ugh.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me what folks can get done when they disconnect. But it's scary! I have to force myself to turn off the computer and put my phone away. I may have serious addiction issues!!

I'm so glad you won my giveaway! And so thoughtful of you to let it benefit your brother's family. Thanks for posting what they picked out! You guys did good!!

Glad you're back!
♥Spot

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

You amaze me with all you do!
Glad your connection is working.

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

Ohmygosh! The crib is so nice. You are generous and kind beyond measure. What a wonderful gift and thing to do. Makes me so happy for you.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Jimmy...This repairmen is invisable for sure! LOL!

Eric...I usually don't go to bed till after hubby leaves for work, so I was pretty bored with out the internet!

Grace...Thanks, they needed it more than me. I am pretty happy with my phone company, it's the company that the contract out to do repairs that is horrible!

Suzicate...Sometimes I even amaze myself! LOL! Although today I caouldn't do anything because of the intense pain! Thanks.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Ocean Girl...So sorry you are going through the same thing. It is bad when the fear of disconnecting is so powerful.

Kendrasue...You could never be lazy! You have the monkey to chase around and from what I gather your weight loss is proof you are not lazy!

Mrsbear...I KNOW!! I feel like I should just record what I am saying cause for some reason I am the only one who understands where the problem is!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Spot...I was forced into not having myself in front of the computer. Ugh, it was aweful! I get bored to easy and well there is nothing else to do but get busy! LOL! I am soo addicted too!
I'm so glad I won too! My namesake niece will have a nicer bed than me! As it should be.

Maureen...I paid for all the hard work today, I did nothing all day because I couldn't move! LOL!

Angelia...*Blush* Thank you for the kind words.