Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Great Birthday Weekend and Day!

I really didn't expect a whole lot for my Birthday, I usually don't do anything special. Most of the time it is just another day, no cake, presents or party. Sometimes I do buy something small to mark the day, but those times are rare.

My mom started the birthday celebration when she sent me a birthday card along with my mother's day card. I guess she was making sure she didn't forget by sending it early.

Hubby started asking where I would like to eat if I was to get the chance. Of course my reply was Red Lobster or Olive Garden. That was two weeks ago, I had forgotten by now.

Saturday I was researching for cameras. I was trying to find something that would give me the Macro feature. I posted on Facebook wanting folks to tell me what was their favorite camera. Angelia at Living, Loving, Laughing... responded with such a super generous offer of a camera she had. I was blown away! It should be arriving later today, so that counts as a birthday gift!

Monday Jimmy at Jimmy's Opinion gave me this award:

I promise to do it tomorrow! Thanks again Jimmy, nice birthday present!

That is just the beginning of my birthday bash.

Monday night it rained pretty hard. Hubby kept telling me I needed to go to bed. I don't usually go to bed till after he gets up in the morning. I stayed up and did my blog post, read some blogs and messed around in google searching out some ancient ruins. At 2:30am I was making his lunch and again he woke up to tell me I needed to get to bed. I thought this was puzzling and asked why? Cause it's raining, I'm not going to work today and you need to get up early. How early? Well earlier than noon! Well if I go to bed now then I can be up by nine, is that early enough? It will do.

Soo..I griped myself out for getting the coffee and his lunch ready and promptly went to bed. I should have thought about the rain and realized rain and work don't mix in his line of work. I just wasn't thinking.

Chaquita wakes me up six minutes early and HE is still asleep! After he gets up he hands me the gift card he won for getting a "No violations D.O.T. inspection". His first ever in 30 years of truck driving (they are very hard to get)and he gave it to me for my birthday! One hundred smack-a-roos to spend at Wal-Mart. I was in my clothes and ready to go in 2 minutes!!

He, on the other hand was taking his sweet time. He had a strategy but I didn't know that at the time. I was antsy and eager to go! I was getting a little miffed at him. You don't just give me spending money and expect me to sit on it! Not when there are sooooo many things running through my mind that I have been needing. Like all that stuff I don't get cause it would be selfish to buy over the things that are needed for him and the house. Mainly being clothes for me.

Just after we finally left he revealed to me that he had taken a vacation day for my birthday, we requested it three weeks ago! The man still finds ways to surprise me.

He asked where I want to eat and guess what comes out of my mouth...IHOP! Yes folks I was in the mood for some pancakes! Lovely hubby that he is, didn't even mention my other two choices two weeks ago. Yeah I'm a money saver and a cheap date!

He took me to the Dollar Tree (Every thing's a Dollar), I love that place.
I bought:
Supplies for SIL's baby shower
Wicker basket
New pot holders
Cups for the grandkids for when they visit
New fake grapes that line my kitchen window sill.

On to Wal-Mart:
New sheets for my bed
New bra
Tennis shoes
Nice office boxes
With $23 left on the card for another day

Then he dropped me off at the Fantastic Sams for a haircut!
First time I have had it cut by someone other than me in over two years. LOVED IT!!

Then on the way home he went a different way, a way I had never been before. I saw all kinds of fabulous scenery and many photo opportunities, but didn't have my camera. I will be going to take those photos soon with my new camera!

He then stops at the Dollar General where I picked me up a pair of capri's and a shirt.

New hairdo, new shoes, bra, pants and shirt! New camera and a lovely award! What a Birthday!!!

Exhausted we both take a nap!!

Thank you all for the many many birthday wishes!!

Sigature,Heather

9 comments:

SuziCate said... [Reply to comment]

Awe, what a sweetie your hubby is! So gald you had a fabulous birthdy...sounds like it rocked!!!!

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

You have a very good hubby! And a new bra? Wow! I thought those were only for special occassions. lol

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Very Nice,

I am proud you had a good day and your Husband took a day off to spend it with you, that is so cool.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

Heather please accept my late HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes. You deserve everything you got and it sounds like that was a lot.

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Heather! What a day :-) Sounds wonderful and perfect and just mounded with blessings you so richly deserve.
Very happy for you! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Suzicate...Thanks, yeah it did rock!

Tink...Isn't that sad that we can only get a new bra on special occassions?! I got really lucky!

Jimmy...He never ceases to amaze and surprise me!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Grace...It was!

Lucy...Thanks! It was way more than I was expecting!

Angelia...Ohh, thank you! I think I will post them Monday.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Heather! I'm sorry I missed your birthday!! Happy Belated Birthday wishes!! I'm so glad you had a fabulous one and that your hubby is such a big sweetie!! I love IHOP!!

♥Spot