Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Luxury!

A little something I forgot to put in yesterdays post.

As you know I have been trying to clean out my room and get it ready for new flooring. Well I rented a storage unit and have made a few trips to unload already. At the entrance to the facility a pile of junk has been forming, you can't help but look at it. Okay I can't help from looking at it. Yes it does seem like hubby's syndrome has wearing off power.

Anyhow, I saw this two tier cat tower sitting there. I craned my neck to get a better look, surprisingly enough it was in pretty good shape. Yup, you guessed it, I brought it home. I did take the time to clean it with carpet cleaner and sprayed it down with a smell good spray.

Any one who knows cats know that they can at times be unpredictable, so I was crossing my fingers that they would like it. Within ten minutes their noses were all over it in wonder of this monstrous thing. Five minutes later Whiskers is sharpening his claws on the post. Yeah success!

They were in need of a newer tower, the one I got at the thrift store four years ago currently looks like this:


Oh Yeah! Even cats can step up in this world. Were styling now!

Whiskers now uses this spot as a sleeping area and a tactical advantage in his never ending war with Peaches.

Life is good!

Sigature,Heather

6 comments:

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

It's time to replace my cats' tower as well. I wish I could be so lucky as to find a free one. Those things are expensive - but not as expensive as replacing all of my furniture if they don't have their own place to scratch.

Dee Andrews said... [Reply to comment]

Heather - That is really a SWELL cat tower/edifice! Looks like a cat castle compared to the one they had before.

Good for you!

Email me and send me your mailing address, as I have your First Place Prize in my photography contest to send you. Okay?!

We're going to be gone a couple of days, so don't hold your breath waiting for your prize money, but it IS coming!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

DEE

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Wow they have moved up in the world---Nice :)

SuziCate said... [Reply to comment]

Back when we used to have cats, I bought them a kitty condo and they didn't like it. I gave it to a friend, and her cats loved it. Glad yours like it!

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

That is an incredible find! Awwhh! I love making pets happy and spoiled. What fun. It pays to pay attention!

I just read about your microwave. Wish I had known and you were closer. I have a barly used one that I'm selling cheap on Craig's list.

purplume said... [Reply to comment]

Terrific tower and lucky cats.

Tell Jen, my daughter found directions on line to make a cat tower.