100th post! I am still amazed that I actually have gotten this far. I started blogging on Myspace and I got to where I really didn't like going to myspace anymore. The advertisements were I guess too advanced for dial up, my page would freeze on me.
My daughter has a blogger page and I really liked the idea of meeting a larger and more diverse group of bloggers. So last September, I finally took the leap. Best decision I have made in a while.
I have been very lucky to have meet some really great people and I feel blessed that you all have chosen to keep me around. I know I can be a little flaky and inconsistent at times, but you still keep coming back. Blowing me away!
I received several awards lately and have been holding them for this 100th post. Not really sure why 100 is any more glamorous than any other number, maybe it's all them zero's that I wish I saw more often.
This has been a very difficult , mind wracking task. I don't have a huge list of folks to pass these awards on to. If for any reason you recieve an award you already have, I do NOT apoligize! I give them because I truly believe the are all well deserved. So get your Girl scout sash or Boy scout vest out and wear your earnt badges proudly!
I know some of yall don't have a large follow list, you don't have to pass these on if you don't want to.
Spot over at "What passes for sane on a crazy day" gave me this most delicous award!
The fine print for keeping the Happy torch lit:
A. List 10 things that make you happy.
B. Try to do at least one of them today.
C. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. (Tag!! You're it!)
D. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your own "makes you happy" list.
10 things that make me happy...the top 10 on my mind this morning, it has been a great weekend!
1)Coffee already made on sunday mornings, when I get up. Hubby makes coffee on sunday mornings.
2)Getting out of the house, for any reason. Spent the whole day saturday out of the house.
3)Getting my truck back! Woohoo!!! Hubby and his bf fixed hubby's truck Saturday!
4)Finally getting to purchases something, I've been saving for. In just a few minutes, I will be going to get that dresser I have been pining for.
5)Nice peaceful mornings. This is pretty much every day, I love just sitting in silence and drinking my coffee.
6)Hubby laughing his butt of at either reading the comics or watching old cartoons. This is happenning right now, he is making me laugh. I rented the old Johnny Quest cartoon for him. He's loving it!
7)Visiting with my bf! I miss that gal. We spent the whole day together, crocheting, knitting, watching tv, talking non stop, playing a game of sequence, clipping dogs nails, shopping and preparing supper. Faboulous day!
8)after being gone 11 hrs, finding no puppy accidents. Good Puterheadz!!!
9)Old movies. This is all the time, anytime. I love them old movies.
10)Having bills be less than what I budgeted them for. Getting hubbies truck fixed was half the cost we had budgeted it for. Double Woohoo!!
I'm going to use this oppertunity to introduce some of the new people I have recently discovered, plus some not so recent.
And the award goes to:
1) Lucy, she is 80 yrs old and still manages to blog about the past and present times of her life.
2) Eternally Distracted , her posts on Lost in Translation, about her man Mec, are hilarious. Then there is the star Max, her cockatoo.
3) Kaylen, she's a single mom with a teenage boy, always good times.
4) Only a Movie, She's a teacher and I really like her humor.
5) Ocean Girl, She takes you to another culture and I find that very interesting.
6) Mrsbear, I love hearing about her adventures of raising kids.
7) South Dakota Cowgirl, I really like how she blogs about her experiences on a ranch, with horses, cows, and chickens.
8) Rabbit, he is truly random, you never know what he will come up with to post.
9) Bored Neoclassical Guy, I really like how he tends to throw in some history and/or science to his posts, plus he is very crafty.
10) Living, Loving, Laughing , she's just so down to earth, I relate with her a lot.
The Best Blog Award given to me twice by Living, Loving, Laughing and by The Suburban Life !
The rules are to pass on to 15 people.
1) Zombie Mommy
2) Smart Mouthed Brod
3) What passes for sane on a crazy day
4) The Water Witch's Daughhter
5) The tired one
6) The technical Parent
7) Steph in the City
8) Sprite's Keeper
9) Ride My Mind
10) Pseudonymous High School Teacher11)
12) Menopausal New Mom
13) Life in the Slow Lane
14) Joanie's Random Ramblings
Then another from Mindy..The Suburban Life , the Lemonade Stand.
The rules are:
- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
The winners are:
1) A Valdese Blog
2) Everything is better on a stick
4) From the inside...out
5) Hugz Before You Go
6) Not Just Yer Momma
7) Redhead Ranting
9) Sas' Magical Mystery Tour
10) The Gert & Hildi Cronicles
I want to thank Spot, Mindy and Angelia for giving me these awards.
Well that's all Folks, have fun with your awards!