Monday, February 8, 2010

Hubby's Hunger and Fuzzy Food

Hubby asks what's for dinner?
We just ate 3 hours ago!

Ten minutes later...
Hubby sees a commercial for bacon.
Do we have any bacon?
Yes, turkey bacon.
Do we have any lettuce?
Yes, a spring mix. Sorry we don't have any Iceberg lettuce.
Do we have any tomatoes?
Yes. (I see where this is going)

Hubby gets up and sways into the kitchen, thumping is hollow watermelon of a tummy.
He opens the fridge.


Oh yeah, I forgot we still have some of the rotisserie chicken left.
He spies a large pan in the bottom of the fridge.
He informs me that the potatoes are over a week old and need to be thrown away.
I'm guessing the puzzled look on my face, made him take another look.
Oh, that is last nights spaghetti, my bad.

I ask about the other pan on the same shelf.
He picks it up and lifts the cover. Yanks it away from his face, with all the facial expressions of gross. LOL!

Well, what is it?
He says...I don't know! Something fuzzy!
LOL!!!
He sets it on the counter and starts to walk away.
What about your BLT?
I just lost my appetite!

Just give him about ten more minutes, he will recover and be back!

I'm still sitting in wonder at the pan. It is sitting over there on the counter with the cover on it. It's haunting me, sitting so close to my coffee maker.
I'm going to have to go deal with this, before it contaminates my coffee!
Like right NOW!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Don't you just hate those surprise foods you forgot that come back to haunt you! I'd finish the coffee before dealing with it, too!

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

You guys are funny. He sounds like a 4 year old, hungry then sulking, soon to be hungry again...Men!

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

I can't even wait a week. Two days is the MAX. I think it stems from growing up with a grandma that insisted on eating leftovers for a WEEK solid. Then, my mother would dumpster dive (yes she did). One time she got potatoes and she cut all the old off them til they were nubs. But she had so many she made mashed potatoes. OMG, my stomach hurt for a week.

I definitely have issues on saving food and how long it's good. LOL!

That BLT sounded real good. :-)

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

BLT does sound good. Guess what we're having for dinner? lol Definately keep it away from the coffee. Cross contamination is never good.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

I've made many a science project in my fridge. Cleaning out the fridge is my least favorite job. My sis is the opposite, she is militant about it. And if it's even close to the expiration date she throws it out. One time I lifted a lid to find a copious colony of mold. Hubby asked what it was and I replied "Not sure what it was to begin with but I think I grew some penicillan." Ha!

Nothing destroys my hubby's appetite. Lol.

♥Spot

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

That is funny. You just made my day.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I think we have the same partner!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

My husband's answer to anything precarious in the fridge is to microwave it. He's convinced himself this is a sure-fire way to safely consume all leftovers. It's disgusting. =)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

mch3n said... [Reply to comment]

Aunt Heather you are soooo funny.That story makes me laugh sooo much that I couldn't breath.

BOO

Smart Mouth Broad said... [Reply to comment]

Sometimes I fantasize that someone else besides me will take care of the fuzzy things in the fridge. It's just a fantasy though.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Suzicate...Sometimes that one pan just keeps getting over looked and then Gross!

Maureen...Do they ever really grow up? LOL!

Angelia...We do eat like speghetti for 3 days, but diving for potatoes? Naw, that will never happen, I hope!

Tink...It does sound good. I did mention to him, not to be putting stuff like that next to my coffee!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Spot...I wish I could be militant about it, I do clean it out on a regular basis, but this past month I've been lazy. Even after cleaning the pan, I'm still not sure what it was.

Lucy...Awww, I'm so glad.

Eternally Distracted...LOL!!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Mindy...Okay that was just gross! I would have to become the fridge police, just to keep him from killing himself.

Boo...If you had seen it or even smelt it, you wouldn't have been able to breathe. We would have had to rush you to the hospital.

SMB...LOL! Fabulous fantasy!!

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

He sounds like my kids, always hungry and can't manage to get a dish into the dishwasher. At least he didn't put it back in the fridge.

kathryn said... [Reply to comment]

What is it about men and being constantly hungry? I find myself saying, "What? You're hungry again? How is this possible??"

BLT's seem so simple...but I make a HUGE mess when I make them! Too much trouble!