Monday, February 22, 2010

A Pic That Caught My Eye

While googling around, I came across this pic:



There was just something about this pic that started a whole mass of questions in my head.
It made me think, feel and wonder.
I wonder what kind of letter was that? A war letter? Love letter? Sad letter? Happy letter? Are they sisters or just friends? Are they reading the letter together or did she just walk up and was going to take the letter from her? Was she standing there for emotional support?

To me, it looks as if the woman standing is sending out a "worried for her friend" look.

Interesting, very interesting.
______________________________________

Well some of you might recognize the woman standing, but I didn't.
I was very surprised to find out that she none other than...

Susan B. Anthony!

The article that was using this pic, I found to be very interesting.
A timeline of the progress and of women through out the last 2 centries.

Go here if your interested in reading it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That is an interesting pic...and going to check out the link now.

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Go Susan B.!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you are finally on the mend and feeling much better. I am glad that you are back to your old self.

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Who is the seated woman, I wonder? She looks important. Susan B looks kinda mean in this photo.

♥Spot

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Suzicate...Glad ya liked it, hope you found the site as interesting as I did.

Maureen...There is so much more to that woman than I ever knew.

Lucy...Yes, feeling much better! Thanks!

Spot...The seated woman is Elizabeth Cady Stanton. All I know about her is that she was part of the National Womens Sufferage Group.

mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

Yep. Women pretty much kick major butt.
=)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Erica@PLRH said... [Reply to comment]

My first thought was, "How in the world could she breathe wearing that corset?!"

Sprite's Keeper said... [Reply to comment]

I had no idea that was Susan B Anthony! She looks nothing like her coin!

Jerry said... [Reply to comment]

I automatically conjure mental stories from every day scenes. I agree with you -- this seems to be a scene of concern, rather than something more benign.

As usual, I get a kick out of what you write. And I'm glad to see that you're better.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Mindy...Even more so when they fighting for something

Pines Lake Redhead...Oh My Goodness, I would never be able to wear on of those! Yikes!

Sprite's Keeper...The image on the coin looks so much younger.

Jerry...I find it fun to see a story in things.
Your a sweetie and thanks.