Time sure is flying by. 200th post and I haven't a clue what they were all about. Some were stupid, some were silly and then there were the occasional serious ones. I wish I could write deep, profound and meaningful posts for ya, but hey what ya see is what ya get! I'm brash, hard, silly, goofy and nuts! AND in all of that I am a big procrastinator (or maybe a FREE SPIRIT, yeah I like that better)!
My dear and precious friends have bleed their hearts and have tagged and awarded me. What do I do? I keep the pic in my little awards folder and let it sit there. I'm no good folks! I love the fact that I even cross yall's mind and yet I let you sit there and leave ya hanging. The guilt has been tormenting, but not enough to dig them out. Yes, I do need a kick in the pants! Thanks for asking.
Every time I see that awards folder, I reproached myself for not having done some of them yet. Two days ago I realized I was approaching this 200th post milestone and I had to yell at myself. No more excuse Heather, now is the time! Get'er done!
First up we have this kicking award of friendship given to me by Spot:
The rules are that I have to list 6 things I'm a master at and then pass the prize to six other bloggers. Here goes:
1) wishing I could do this or that, go here or there, have this or that.
2) making my sister laugh so hard she gets hiccups, brother laugh so hard he can't breathe and crumbles to the floor. They find my snarky humor funny.
3) hurting myself! I can trip on nothing, fall onto things, swing my hands into things, bump my head on trees....
4) annoying my pets with the flash of my camera. Gezz, you would think they would be used to it by now!
5) Forgetfulness. I forget nearly everything. Like..stopping at the post office for stamps, doing my awards, watering my plants (the poor things) and sometimes even making hubby's lunch! But yet ask me where something is at inside my house and I know.
6) My money. I know where every dime went and if for some unknown reason I don't, dang it I will find it!! I have many accounting methods of keeping track of the money. Checkbook register, (actual real)folders for each household bill, receipt box divided into sections, Monthly bills chart created with Word Document and checking the bank website. Every penny is important in this house.
Now everyone yell "Pick Me" and hopefully I heard you!
1) Tinkerschitzel at Zommbie Mommy. She is an aspiring artist and crafter. She dapples in painting, drawing, ceramics and she even does reupholstering! She loves to go camping! She also shares stories of her little family and the joys and trials of her job in her posts.
2) Eric at Bored Neoclassical Guy. He always manages to make me laugh or learn something. He is an artist with stone, he also intrigues me with history and takes me to other countries.
3) Maureen at Islandroar. Seriously if you don't know her, where the heck have you been hiding?! She is one of the sweetest ladies ever! She will draw you into her life as a mother of grown children. She will also take you to the beautiful island of Martha's Vineyard, the beauty of it, the history of it and the daily life of it.
4) Jen at Starting Over. This girl just amazes me all the time! She is an outdoorsy kinda girl. She hikes through the state parks, kayaks rapid waters, marathon bicycle rider, marathon runner, camper. Plus she has a daughter and she is doing college courses. Her adventures are amazing!
5) Kathryn at From the Inside...Out. She is just so funny, it seems like she doesn't even have to work at, it's just natural. I love going to her blog, she is sweet, funny (yeah I mentioned that already, but gawd it is soo true), witty and a mom to teen aged boys!
6) Ocean Girl at Live High. She shares her love of the Isles of Malaysia with stories of life and culture. She also shares beautiful photos of the area. I seriously am soo jealous, she lives in paradise!
Now if you are saying "But I didn't say "Pick Me"" Well let me wag my finger at you and tell you "You weren't playing the game right"
Then we have this Panda award for super comments given to me by Jimmy:
The rules for this award are to answer the following questions:
1) Why do you blog?
To have a record of things for when I go senile.
2) What was your favorite age to be and why?
Can't say I ever really had a favorite age, maybe I just haven't reached it yet.
3) What's your favorite sport to play?
Chase the dog. Is that a sport? I also like to walk.
4) What's your favorite sport to watch, and who's your favorite team?
Nascar baby!! Mark Martin and Michael Waltrip, hubby likes E.jr and Mark Martin. At least we have one in common.
5) If you could pick your perfect career (and money doesn't matter/the kids are out of the house) what would it be?
Travel the world and take lots of pics. Well that would make money matter, cause someone would have to pay my expenses for a while. Money don't matter...work at a nursery and be someones apprentice.
6) Do you ever feel guilty for blogging?
Yes and no. I don't feel guilty for blogging, but with blogging comes responsibility to your readers and I feel guilty for not keeping up my part as I should.
7) What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Not for the presents, I prefer a present less Christmas. I like the decorating, gathering, feasting and the music.
8) What's your favorite kind of music?
Just about anything, except for rap. I really haven't paid much attention to current music, but I do have some music that is only 8-10 years old.
9) Do you consider yourself a good driver or bad driver?
I am a good driver, never had a ticket or accident. The fence might call me a liar, but never had on with another vehicle. So don't listen to the fence!
10) What's the farthest away place you have visited?
Not really a fair question. I have been to all 48 states, Mexico and Canada.
Now for the hard part I have to pick some of you excellent commenter's to pass this one along to:
1) Mrsbear at Outmunbered Two to One. Has her hands full with the daily life of a house full of kids, but yet she always manages to make me smile or laugh.
2) Peg at Square peg in a round hole. I'm still getting to know her, but so far I have found her to be down to earth and very friendly. Hey she is Suzicate's sister, what more needs to be said!
3) Gerardine at My Walking Path. She will take you into her little family and make you feel at home. She writes about her hubby, her pets and the beautiful nature around her.
4) E.D. at Eternally Distracted. Ohhh what can I say! This girl is hilarious! She writes about her life in a country that she has to remain anonymous. She most common subjects are Mec (her other half) and Max (her cockatoo).
5) Lucy at What is left of a whole new life. She is 80 years old and blogs. To me that is amazing! I hope to be still blogging when I'm that age. Heck I hope to still be around! She writes about daily life with hubby Joe and dog Spunky.
I also did another awards show a month ago, but for some reason nobody got there awards (except for South Dakota Cowgirl). It might have something to do with the fact that I forgot to personally inform them about it. Go here to check if one of those was yours!