Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Becoming A Teen Runaway

To be warned...This post is not suitable for children.

Cassie was in her room lying on the bed trying to zone out from the noise surrounding the house. Her much younger siblings were laughing, running and playing. She was in torment over her boyfriend leaving her and her parents where unsympathetic. Her dad was clueless and her mother just didn't care.

Her mother stormed into her room with a glare in her eye and pierced lips. She knew from the look of her that trouble was inevitable. She was always in trouble for one thing or another. Granted there were times that she deserved to be in trouble, but if her parents would just back off and leave her alone, everything would be fine.

Her mother swings her arm out in front of her with the food stamps booklet in it. She waved it in Cassie's face and accused her of stealing them. Her face grew hot, she knew she had taken them but was never going to admit it. She jumped up and started screaming, tears started streaming and the plea of just being left alone was uttered for the billionth time. Her mother left the room in a huff.

Her utmost desire was to have her mother focus on the younger children and to forget about her. To stop telling her to do things and then yelling at her for not doing them. Her mom always said "If you want something done do it yourself, don't rely on others to do it for you" Why does she say that, but yet order me to do things that were supposed to be her job as the mom. She was losing her temper more and more these days and had had enough! She felt weighted down by all the controlling, ordering, responsibility and her ever growing anger at it all.

She sat there on the edge of her bed crying feeling frustrated and sorry for herself. She knew she had to get out before she did something awful to the woman! But where? She had tried to leave before and that lasted 2 hours. Her mother knew exactly where she was and sent her little sister to tell her she had better come home. She had to do better than that this time!

Cassie had made up her mind that it was time to leave. She knew her mother was laying on her bed, so she crept out to the kitchen and grabbed a paper bag. She got back to her room undetected and preceded to throw her clothes in the bag. She didn't have all that many clothes, so the selection was fairly easy. She was still crying, but they were tears of anger now. Why didn't she love her? Why did she hate her so much? If I leave she won't look for me because she will be relieved to be rid of me. If she did look for me it will only be because she needs me to look after the kids and clean for her. Well she would show her! She will have to step up and do it herself, like all the other moms do!

Her mother came back into her room and saw what she was doing and grabbed her by the arm and flung her across the room. Cassie recovered herself quickly and was like a tiger that had been caged and tormented for to long. The fight was a blur in her eyes. She had finally lost control and was hitting back! Her rage scared her, she felt like she was going to burst into flames and take this woman out! The next thing she knew she was pinned against the wall in the hallway, with her mothers arm pressing against her throat. Her mother released her with the promise that she would calm down. Cassie rushed to her room and slammed the door. She heard her mother's door slam too. She stood there in the middle of her room shaking, crying and scared of what just happened and what she just realized she might be capable of doing.

Cassie grabbed up her bag of clothes and snuck out the front door.


(This is my story of when I was 15 and what all happened at that time. Cassie is the name I started using as an alias, so no one would be able to know who I was and send me back to my parents)

Sigature,Heather

15 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Wow Heather, this is powerful. You took me right there, feeling what you felt...

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

Wow that is a powerful post.. Heather I just want to say to you, I hope you get through the rest of this life with a lot more happiness than sadness. I am just glad I founds you.

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

Intense Heather. What a tough spot to be in. You captured it well.

Jerry said... [Reply to comment]

Abuse begets abuse -- and you explain it perfectly. Does this story have a happy and wise ending?

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Do all teenage girls think their mother's hate them? And do they all feel like they do our work for us?? I wonder...

Really good story Heather. Very powerful emotions.

♥Spot

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Strong and powerful post Heather, a bad situation to be in and yoou took me right there.

Good Job my Friend.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Maureen...Very difficult post to write, thanks for the kind words.

Lucy...Thanks. Yes there have many good times since that long ago day. Thanks for caring.

Angelia...I guess I did, maybe too well. I just reread it and got a lump in my throat.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Jerry...So true my friend, so true. Happy ending...well, I guess..I didn't die. I'm still working on the rest of the story.

Spot...I'm going to say YES! LOL! But that is just my opinion. Thanks.

Jimmy...Thanks, it was a tough time and very hard to write. Glad I could pull you in to the emotions.

SuziCate said... [Reply to comment]

This is a powerful piece, Heather. I felt like I was right there. Is this true or a story? Either wya, first rate.

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Suzicate...Thank you! Yes it is a true story.

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

The good thing about this story is that person was strong enough to overcome and be the happy person you seem to be now. I love your blog. It is fun and truthful at the same time.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

So I take it that you are Cassie? I'm so sorry for what you went through. Glad you made it through.

Sprite's Keeper said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, heavy stuff. You captured it well!

Joanie said... [Reply to comment]

Powerful stuff!!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Great story! Your words flow perfectly, I had no trouble reading it straight through.
I am going to read the next part right away.
Great post!
Gerardine