Friday, March 12, 2010

What I did for Ten Days

Random things that happened in the last ten days.

Monday..As you all know, I rushed my computer to the computer doctor after my screen went blue and Microsoft shut me down and dumped my physical memory. I did try rebooting, but the Internet wouldn't open any pages. The doctor said it was going to be 3 days, I felt lost leaving it there. My first thought was "What am I going to do with myself for 3 days!" I went home like a wounded puppy with my tail tucked.

Tuesday..With nothing to do, I called my bf and made plans with her. By noon we was going over crochet stitches and went shopping for yarn. I really shouldn't have spent the gas money but it was so worth getting to spend time with her. I started a crochet project as soon as I got home.

Wednesday..I called everyone in my speed dial to whine about my boredom. I'm sure everyone got plenty sick of me complaining. I eventually got off my butt and went outside. I first played with the dogs and before I knew it I was laying 12 inch cement blocks for a walkway. Hubby came home and before he got to the door, he said..
"Your computer should break down more often."
I shut the storm door and held it shut till he took it back!

Thursday..The computer doctor called and said my baby was ready. I rushed out the door on half a cup of coffee. I was so excited! I had to run to the bank first for several reasons and figured while I was there I would try to see if we could get a loan to help pay off a credit card.

I got home hooked it up and ten minutes into checking my emails, it started doing the exact same thing it was doing on Monday. I called them back and this boy told me somethings to do, this only made it worse. I couldn't even get it to open to my desktop.

Needless to say I was sad and pissed. I took it in to get fixed and all I could tell was that the only thing they did was add updates and give me a better virus protection. They didn't even try to FIX it.

Hubby came home right after me getting it back, so to keep him from blowing his stack, I didn't tell him. He came home early cause he was super sick, I didn't think he needed the extra stress.

A little later in the day I called to see about the loan and we was approved. What a relief and blessing. We can pay off that card and will still be saving ourselves 40 bucks a month and hundreds of interest in the long run!

Friday..First thing in the morning, I took my computer back. Now there wasn't any set time to pick it up, more of a wait and see kinda thing. Aggravating! I did tell hubby the situation before leaving. He was too sick to know what I was saying, lucky me. Stopped and got groceries and back to care for the sick fella laying on his "Death bed" (as he called it, when he crawled on it).

Saturday..I went to the hardware store (for wood) and the auto store (for spark plugs) and just for the heck of it went to the thrift store (just to browse around).
I came home and used hubbies skill saw and cut and laid the new steps. ALL BY MYSELF!

Sunday..Hubby feeling a little better. We fixed by bike together. New tires and a wash down and then attached a basket to the handle bars. Its fixed and ready to go, but I have yet to use it. Lazy. We sat around the rest of the day and watched the race.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday..I sat around crocheting and calling the computer doctor twice a day. I did manage to get in a lot of extra heavy duty house cleaning and extra chatting with the family everyday.

Now that brings up to date with Thursday..Computer doctor calls and says my baby is ready. They didn't charge me anything extra!
So far so good and very happy, happy, happy!!


SuziCate said... [Reply to comment]

Cracks me up that you made your hubby take back those dirty words! I am impressed that you built those steps yourself. I have two girlfriends that do stuff like that. If I were ever to attempt something like theat my husband, engineer that he is, would be right behind me ripping it up and redoing it "correctly". Heather, you rock!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

I definately will sympathize with hubby. Still trying to get over my bug. Also will synpathize with you on the computer. I love your way of writing and I miss you. Hope you will stop by and see me. I am writing on the Day to Day blog more as of yesterday just to spite the pest. Still have the other one.

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

We missed you! I'm impressed with everything you got done while your computer was going through surgery. Now, wanna come over and help me replace my back door?

Maureen@IslandRoar said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! You're back!!

Spot said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to see you back and sane! I think I would go completely off the deep end without my computer for that long!! Although, my sadly neglected house would probably be happy...


mindy@thesuburbanlife said... [Reply to comment]

Woo hoo! Glad you got your baby back (in working order this time!) Sounds like you managed to keep yourself busy while you were gone. You even managed some home improvement projects? You're my hero, sister sledge. =)

kendrasue said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad you're back! And amazed at all the things you accomplished! You go girl! And exciting news about the loan! That's great that you can save money in more than one way! yay you!

Jerry said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sure glad that you are back. It makes me wonder if I should set aside computer days and non-computer days. I figure I might get a heck of a lot accomplished around here.

Naw. That's a stupid idea.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said... [Reply to comment]

Isn't it funny how men turn in to big babies when they're sick? Lol! Glad you're back up and running! hopefully it's fixed for good this time!

Angelia Sims said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! Isn't it amazing how we would spend our days without a computer?? LOL! You got soooo much done! We missed you greatly! So glad your baby is fixed.