Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend with Hubby

Saturday I went to the flea market. I was really in the need for a personal shopping trip, even though it wasn't an extravagant trip (15$), it was alot of fun just browsing around for a little while. Then I went grocery shopping, which is always an exhausting ordeal. The store was packed with last minute shoppers for Halloween, I was just doing my weekly shopping. I came home content and tired. I saw hubby was already home and I was thinking I was finally going to get some help with carrying the groceries in. NOT! (normally he would)

This is the reason why:

Here is his story (after some henning from me about bring things home, but this time I was kidding cause this work bench he really needed):

He saw this man on the side of the road selling alot of things but mostly he saw that bench. On his way home he stopped to look it over. He asked the man how much. The man said he wants a 100, but he would let it go for 85. Hubby lets him know he only has 65, so if he was still around next weekend he would give him 80 for it. The man mulls it over and says he would hate to have to come back next weekend, so he will take that 65. Hubby spent all of his saved up pocket money, but personally I think he made a good deal. Anyway he was piddling with his new toy that came with a vise and a bench grinder with a light. Very happy hubby! BUT he had to work really hard to get the shed cleared out to put it in there. Soo he was happy, but tired.
~
~
Saturday night we watched Scared Shreikless, yeah it was funny! Loved it when gingy was telling his story! I tried to stay up to watch Gremlins, but couldn't stay awake. I thought I was going to take a short hour nap, it turned into 5 hours! I know, I was just as surprised! I stayed up for 5 hours and then slept even four hours more. NINE hours of sleep! Blows my mind!
~
~
Sunday morning I had soo much energy, must have been from all that sleep. I attacked the kitchen and started moving things and cleaning behind and under and a little reorganizing. Plus putting a roast on.

Hubby the channel flipper, was bouncing between the race and old scary movies. You know..Boris Karloff and Vincent Price, then suddenly it's Brian Vickers and Clint Boyer. I let him do his thing, well cause...both were good choices and I was watching both with him.

Suddenly out of nowhere (most likely brought on by a commercial) I say this:
Me: Soo, you think we will get any trick or treaters?

Hubby: Me!! (with his hand out)

Me: You’ll have to get dressed up in order to get any candy.

Hubby: What I’m not scary enough right now?!

Me: I‘m laughing and decide to share this with yall and as I walk by he says

Hubby: “Hey”

Me: Yeah

Hubby: “BOO!!!”
~
~
Hubby later out of the blue says:

Trick or treat?

I get up and go in to look at him.

I say (Stupidly)..TRICK.

Hubby: Ohhhhh, you are sooo in for it now! Your gonna wish you had given me a treat!

I laugh and come back to the computer.

About 20 minutes later, while sitting here all engrossed in what I am researching...

BOOOOOO!!!! Right in my ear, with finger jabs to my sides!

#@%&!!! Scared the "you know what" out of me!

~
~
I spent the rest of the day buying yarn on Ebay, finishing up the mess I made in the kitchen and watching Avatar with hubby (my second time, his first).
~
~
Not a single trick or treater as I knew we wouldn't. We haven't seen one of those since the late eighties!
~
~
A very nice weekend with the hubby. HAHAHAHAHA (insert evil laugh)

Sigature,Heather

6 comments:

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

I didn't get any trick or treaters, either. I guess they'd rather go to the neighborhoods with the big expensive houses than climb to the third floor hoping the apartments on the top have candy. Can't really blame them. But I miss participating in Halloween.

SuziCate said... [Reply to comment]

You two are too funny!

Jimmy said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a good weekend and an excellent deal on the workbench, what about that trick finish between Boyer and Harvick :)

Carol said... [Reply to comment]

Never would I choose "trick" if my husband said "trick or treat"! It would come back to get me for sure!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

I had one trick or treater. My great grandaughter. sounds like you and hubby hadf a good day.

Tinkerschnitzel said... [Reply to comment]

We still had a full bag of candy left. We only had 4 houses on our street participate this year, in the middle of suburbia! I'm glad the two of you had fun, though. It's like me and my hubby. :)