Thursday, February 7, 2013

February's New Dish

Last week I was sitting there in the chair telling hubby I still haven't thought about what February's new meal was going to be. Up pops a commercial for sloppy Joe pies. Hubby looks at me and I look at him and we decide that is what it is going to be. It looked good!

I proceeded to roll out the biscuits..hmm. Maybe some flour will help and that wax paper my sil was talking about. Yeah, it's working!

Set them out on the pan...hmm. I can only set 3 out on the pan at one time. Hubby walked in and suggested taking one biscuit for the bottom and one for the top. Sounds good to me.

Scoop in the sloppy joe mix, sprinkle some cheese and top with other biscuit.

Toss in oven...hmm. Well first thing to remember for next time is to seal the biscuits with some water. They are separating. 

Bring out of oven...hmm. Maybe next time I should use the glass pan or raise the rack. The bottoms are a little crispy.

Set on plate and serve...hmm. Next time I definitely need to bust it open and let it cool off before serving. The noises we were making cause it was too hot for the mouth was making me laugh.

After dinner was finished... we both decided that there wouldn't be a next time.

It wasn't a thumbs up or a thumbs down, it was average. We do average enough, we are looking for something different.

NOW, hubby says that since that meal wasn't a great success, I need to do a different February meal. YEAH RIGHT, BUSTER! He's lucky I still remembered to do this challenge. :)

Sigature,Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Get a box of Bisquick and try some of their dinner recipes...

SueBee said... [Reply to comment]

Good on you for trying something new.....when I do pies I seal the edges with whisked egg AND pinch them together.....I also prick holes in the top to allow the sream to escape.:) We actually love them

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That will be no dilemma, simply because you can use a wooden chair to complete your pressing exercise
rather.
Stop by my weblog :: dumbbell sets for sale